The team at AKJ Dentistry provides experienced cosmetic dentistry services to clients in Lubbock and the surrounding areas of Texas. We create an individualized treatment plan that supports each client's oral health and desired aesthetic results, including a range of safe, effective cosmetic dental procedures and surgeries.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Although some cosmetic dental procedures are purely designed to improve the appearance of a client's smile, many of these treatments also reduce discomfort and enhance loss of function associated with missing, damaged or broken teeth. In addition to an enhanced ability to chew food and speak more easily after undergoing cosmetic dental procedures, many clients also report improved confidence self-esteem thanks to their new smiles.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Some of the most popular procedures offered by Dr. Johnson include:
● Tooth whitening, which brightens teeth and removes yellow or brown discoloration and stains caused by smoking, coffee, wine, and other substances. Most clients experience a whiter smile above and beyond what they can achieve with over the counter whitening products.
● Crowns and bridges, which replace missing or damaged teeth with artificial replacements. These devices are supported by either the remaining portion of the damaged tooth or by the surrounding healthy teeth.
● Dental implants, which provide a more comfortable and natural-looking alternative to traditional dentures. With this procedure, the dentist places permanent hardware within the jaw bone. Once healing is complete, the client is fitted with crowns that can replace one, several or a whole mouthful of missing teeth.
● Veneers, which involve the placement of a thin porcelain shell over the front teeth. This procedure provides a brighter, more even smile, and corrects minor damage such as cracks and chips. Dental veneers can also reshape short or uneven teeth and can last for years with proper care.
● Full smile reconstruction, which is appropriate for patients with several complex oral health issues, such as severe periodontal disease, missing teeth, and decay. With this treatment, the dentist creates a long-term plan to address these issues in phases over time.
Why Choose AKJ Dentistry
If you're looking for a cosmetic dentist who can restore the appearance and function of your teeth, seek help from the team at AKJ Dentistry. In general, cosmetic procedures are appropriate for clients who are in good oral health. Dr. Johnson can help repair cavities and resolve tooth decay and gum disease before moving forward with cosmetic treatments. Schedule your consultation today and get ready to be dazzled by the sight of your healthy new smile.